Friday, November 04, 2005

Claire Fontaine

Really does make fantastic paper. Now if only I could find a Claire Fontaine notebook with a stitched binding that opened up and lay flat.... Then I would be in heaven.

Yes. I do spend too much time thinking about paper and notebooks. But my notebooks are a very large part of how I keep myself organized while I am at work. Last year while working on the WALK. I was in Cobourg and came across this little gift store in the middle of nowhere that carried an awesome line of Keith Harring notebooks. The line is actually manufactured by the same people that make the "famous" moleskine notebooks. Of course... The notebooks are probably only famous to people like me who spend a lot of time looking for the perfect notebook. But regardless.... The notebook was fun, had a dog spinning records on the cover, and was the perfect size and style to keep my ongoing to-do list in.

I literally spent 2 months looking for its replacement when WALK season started again this year. I ended up settling on a Claire Fontaine spiral notebook, it was a decent size, although a little too big, but had a really cute cover and beautiful high quality paper. I used this notebook, quite happily, for about a month.

Ok, I know I am making myself sound anal here, but as nice as the Claire Fontaine Book was, I couldn't get used to the spiral binding. I am hard on my notebooks, much like I am on my shoes (won't go into shoes now... Could go off on a real tangent about shoes....) and throwing a spiral bound notebook in and out of different bags and taking it with you everywhere is hard on the binding. It bends and gets altogether messy. I also really don't like having the option of removing pages. I use it as a on-going to-do list and it feels good to look through the crossed out items to feel like I have accomplished something.

So after that rant... I am sure you can only imagine my excitement when I went back to the same store in Cobourg, ON, and not only did they have the same Keith Harring book, but they had it in different patterns, colours, and designs!

This time I was smart... I bought 2 of them... So that the next time I need one... I will be prepared.

Now... Like the IKEA ads... Don't be sad for the Claire Fontaine book. It has not made its way to the garbage... But has been converted to another use. I do still love the paper in the book, for those who enjoy spiral binding... I highly recommend checking it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home