Friday, October 17, 2003

So I went back to the second cup. It apparently is under new ownership now. I believe the owners were working behind the counter when I went in. Both were quite unfriendly and neither seemed to know what they were doing. First went to get a bagel, was served by someone who had just sneezed into his gloves… and who wasn’t wearing a hat, then was cashed out by the new owner. He looked at my sandwich, not at me and told me very dryly how much I owed him. In my standard fare, I thanked him and got a grunt in return. Stressful day maybe? It didn’t seem particularly busy in the place.

I Let it slide and wandered over the Second Cup counter to use my $5 gift certificate. “What do you want” I was asked. I ordered my drink, a non-fat white mocha, no whipped cream. He repeated my order to me but simply as a white mocha. I reminded him about the skim milk, and no whipped cream, to which he turned around, and told the girl making my drink that he needed a white mocha. Again, I reminded him of my special request to which he finally told the girl making my drink that I was looking for something different. My $5 did not even cover the cost of my drink and the cookie I bought and had to pass over an additional $0.62.

I went over to watch the girl make my drink. Being a bit of a coffee person as that is where my work has taken me, I tend to be incredibly picky about my coffee and can immediately tell the difference between good and bad coffee. Also can tell the difference between someone who can make a good coffee and who can not. After watching the girl make a mess of the order before mine, my hopes were not very high. My milk came out burned, and the coffee wasn’t stirred. Needless to say, I will not be back in there. I still have my two treat a friend coupons, anyone want them? I like my friends more than that that I don’t know that I would really want to “treat” them to that experience.

Now the question is, do I continue being a shit disturber and write another angry letter? We will see what type of mood I am in by the end of the day. I still haven’t heard back from Nestle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home