Saturday, February 05, 2005

I appreciate the concern but....

If you are calling to check how a sick person is feeling, why would you call at 11:30, or 12:00 at night?

I got two phone calls today from concerned friends, the first, I was very surprised by, someone that I rarely talk to and when he told me his name, it took me a good 5 minutes of conversation to figure out who the hell it was. He was just calling to see how I was feeling, make sure I wasn't dead, at 11:30pm. After talking for a few minutes, he asked if I was sleeping. I hadn't been, but shouldn't you suspect that a sick person might be sleeping?

The second call, came at 12:04 am. Just wanted to see how you are feeling... Want to come over and visit? Umm... If I could see straight and think straight enough to drive, I still probably wouldn't feel like going out at midnight. Besides, who wants to hang out with a sick person anyway?

People are strange.

I do appreciate the calls, I love knowing that there are people out there that are concerned about me. However, when someone is sick.... Its probably not the best idea to call that late... More specifically.... If I am sick, please don't call after 10.

Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home