Sunday, November 13, 2005

Retro night.

I feel like it is 1987 all over again.

So after being stood up by the sleeping girl yesterday... We made up for it tonight in a crazy night of old skool (yes... With a "k") fun. Started by going out for gelato with Mary and Mom. I love Hollywood Gelato. So yummy.

Then it was back home to pull out the old and dusty board games. I.Q.2000 to be specific. What a fantastic game! The goal is to get your piece to planet "Quizzar" after answering questions along the way through the 6 other planets. Yes, there are only 6 other planets and of course, a disclaimer that "Quizzar is a fictional (not real) planet."

Does anyone remember the Masters of the Universe?
I think that in the course of our game... They came up 6 or 7 times. It's always fun playing a board game where you constantly have to remind yourself that it was from 1987 and that not every question makes sense/is relevant/is still accurate in 2005. It was half the fun of the game to put yourself in the mindset of being 7 years old again and trying to remember what the answers to the questions would have been then.

Anyway... After tears of laughter... I think plans are in the works for a board game party. Fun guaranteed. Details to follow.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:10 a.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

IQ 2000- a hallmark of 1987. I think my sister and I wasted countless Sunday afternoons with IQ2000 before we graduated to Trivial Pursuit.

1:14 p.m.  
Blogger Jodi said...

someone actually remembers it! YAY!!!

2:23 p.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

Hell ya I remember!
Interesting Trivia- I was in undergrad with one of the guys on the cover of the box.

5:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home