Tuesday, April 18, 2006

An inspiring participant

This came from a participant, and is just one more reason that I WALK and am trying to fundraise as much as possible to find a cure.
I walk because my mom was diagnosed with MS when I was 11. I walk because the next 12 years of her life taught me invaluable things about life, and made me the person I am today. I walk because she fought with all she had in her heart and soul. Because she still bared a smile till the last days, still giggled at my stupid jokes. I walk becuase my granparents took care of her for 7 years, until finally we could get her where she could get help. I walk because.....it will be 2 years on April 4th since my mom passed, and not a day goes by that I don't realise that life is a gift that
she gave to me. That I will cherish every day, smiling, laughing and telling others how beautiful they just are. I know the proudest thing I have ever done in my life.....is being my mothers daughter. I walk because I can.
So please, sponsor me for the Super Cities WALK for MS so that we don't need to hear stories like this anymore.

https://msors.mssociety.ca/WALK2006/Sponsor.aspx?&PID=808911&L=2

Any little bit helps, and if you don't want to use your credit card online, I will also take cheques or cash.

Thank you, together we can connect with a cure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home