Monday, July 04, 2005

Letters Rock My World

I got the coolest letter today (yes, it is the fourth of July, mail runs on a weird schedule here) from the guy that works in the mail room at the MS Society (yeah Carl!). I have now received 3 letters in the 3.5 weeks that I have been here. My campers get at least that many letters every day - I have to admit I am a little jealous! I am looking forward to tomorrow, a whole day off while the kids get shipped off to Dorney Park. It will be a nice quiet day at camp, I will be able to sleep in and do anything I feel like. It will be fantastic! In other bad news... I think I have come to the conclusion that Lactose is not my friend. I don't know what I am going to do without my ice cream! Nothing is better on a hot summer day that a nice cold ice cream, but it doesn't make me feel so good after I eat it so I guess it is time to find another solution.
Since I am in the states, today was a pretty big deal at camp. They have a "Miss Firecracker" Pageant and an incredible fireworks show. My camper came in 3rd out of the 15 girls in the contest. I was so proud of her. She was amazing. The fireworks were pretty incredible too. I can't get over how crazy they go when they do the fireworks shows. It lasted about 15 minutes and was to music and everything. The music was a little cheesy.... but still added to the show.
My mind has become mush, so I am impressed if you have actually gotten this far in my rambling! I am off to bed now... and planning on sleeping for a very long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home