Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Berkshires

When I was at camp, trips were canoe trips. You would go for 5 or 10 days, sleep on the ground in tents, eat whatever we brought along with us - normally cheese or peanut butter and bread or pasta. There were no showers (it was a canoe trip), no washrooms (see previous explanation) and we definitely did not bring our straightening irons (granted, back then we didn't know what they were).

So I just got back from my first Bryn Mawr trip. We went to the Berkshires in Massachusetts for 3 days. The first day of our trip, we stopped for pizza lunch, then checked into our hotel (the Days Inn) and had a chance to go shopping. Then the girls rushed back to the hotel to make themselves gorgeous for their social that night with the boys camp and we headed out for a steak dinner before the social. Day two, we have a play date with the boys, and then get to go to a mall for dinner and a movie. Day three, white water rafting, then back to camp. Pretty incredible sounding trip I would say.

I love our girls, but sometimes they make me laugh. The Days Inn - which was perfectly fine - was "gross," "dirty," and "had too many bugs". The store in town where they went shopping "didn't have a big enough selection of Juicy". They blew fuses when they were all trying to straighten and blow dry their hair at once. When they went to the social, the boys were "not their type," "too short," and "all looked the same". The next day, breakfast was gross, the boys were still no good, and they didn't have enough time to shop at the mall. White water rafting - they got wet, they didn't want to paddle, and it was too cold. I had a great time on the trip though, and I am sure that even with all the complaining, that the girls did too. These are definitely not the trips that we went on when I was a camper, but it is a different world down here. Overall a great trip, but I am happy to be back at camp where things are a little bit more normal.

Next story to look forward to... Visiting day is in on Saturday, I get to meet the parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home